Reclaimed Hardwood T&G Strip
These floors allow for the use of exotic, endangered specie of timber that one would not normally contemplate using. This timber usually comes in long, narrow strip sizes, and its usefulness springs from the adaptability this offers. The tongue and groove boards can be used to make highly imaginative, unique, patterned floors with lovely finishes, or even exceptional end-grain floors, which are incredibly durable under-foot.
Our current stockholding consists of:
- Burmese Teak.
- Black Oak.
- American White Oak.
- Quarter Sawn English Oak.
- Quarter Sawn Pitch Pine.
- European Oak.
- Burnt Brown Oak.
- First grade Rock Maple.
- Flat Sawn Pitch Pine.
- Ghanaian Mahogany.
- Flat Sawn English Oak.
We provide a free sample service. Send us an image of what you want to replicate. We will see what is possible from our stockholding, prepare and apply treatments or washes as required and post them within 2 days, free of charge.
Please quote the image reference code when making an enquiry. The reference code can be found by hovering over, or clicking on the image.
SPECIFICATION, PROCESSING AND FINISHES:
- All boards fully de-nailed, while protecting the original face and selected for quality.
- Kiln-dried to set moisture content.
- All boards regularised exactly to one chosen width: 55mm, 65mm, 75mm, 83mm, 90mm and 110mm wide.
- All boards precision planed from the back face only, to bring to a set 20mm thickness. Preserves the Original face. Quickens and simplifies install.
- All boards are precision cross-cut on both ends.
- All these boards can be re-grooved as required.
- Long edges are all hand-rolled to create soft, non-splintering butting between boards.
- These boards come in either solid or engineered format.
- Secondary kilning is available for install over under-floor heating.
- We give written guarantees on any product we have kiln dried - but especially if the timber is going down over UFH.
- Our hand sanding works particularly well on these boards to create soft, irregular, timeworn surfaces.
- Genuinely One-Off floors with lovely textures, fascinating colour and unique patterns.
- Available unfinished, French Polished, semi- or fully-finished.